Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Helpers...

This is definitely one of my favorite times of year even though it is so busy. Busy with fun stuff! I love decorating our house for Christmas, and this year I had two little helpers. Craig has had to work so much that we had to do it without him, but our precious angels helped me. Micah kept pulling off the ornaments off the tree saying "ball" and throwing it! I am glad she listens well because we would have a lot of broken ornaments.
 
We are waiting until Craig is off for the holidays to do all of our fun Christmas traditions, but we are enjoying this time of year. We did the Christmas craft day at church, I had our MOPS leadership and women's ministry Christmas parties, took Mason and Micah to a Christmas show at Magik Theatre with McCoy and Dena, and tonight the church had childcare for the kids and such a fun night for them so parents could have a night out. A group of us went to dinner and bowling... did I mention without kids? So thankful for a great time with great friends!
 
Today was a highlight as we sponsored a girl at a foster home in Boerne for Christmas. What a blessing it was! Craig had to work, but I took the kids and I am so thankful for opportunities to show our kids how fortunate we are, and what a blessing it is to give. We were able to sit and eat lunch with our girl, and then watch her open the presents that we were able to provide for her. The joy in her face as she opened her gifts was so special, and I think Mason saw how happy she was. Mason wanted to help her open gifts and it was such a great teaching moment, ... he was willing to pick up all the wrapping paper trash instead. Tonight he asked me if we get to take her some more presents:-) Oh and Santa made an appearance, Mason made sure when Santa was done talking to the crowd that he went up to him and told him he would like a "Switch and Go Dino" for Christmas.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment