Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Perception...

Almost two weeks ago, I was in HEB on a Friday morning just to pick up batteries for Craig as I was taking Mason to eat lunch with his daddy. A lady stopped me and said, " You look so good, and you have it all together with three little kids. I can barely do anything with two." I think I might have laughed out loud and said, " No I absolutely don't have it all together. Actually my mom is on her way to help us for the weekend because it has been a challenging couple of weeks and mommy no longer has patience and needs a little break." It made me think how often we can judge or formulate a perception of someone based on what they look like and have no idea what is really going on.
 
I am not sure she believed me but it was true. Craig has probably had two days off in the last month and has just worked very long days. With no preschool which means no break it finally caught up to me. Praise God for GiGi who came and helped tremendously. She helped us so much and gave me just the break I needed. We are both so thankful for her as she served us and was so unselfish. And of coarse, the kids loved spending time with their GiGi. This is the girls at the WNBA game while Mason and Daddy went to see Turbo at the movies. 
 
Always smiling...
 

 The other day I went to take a picture I noticed I had a lot of pictures on my camera roll. I looked back and I think Micah had taken over 150 pictures of herself, the floor, her eye, and ceiling...
 Lightsaber fights are a nightly occurrence at our house...Micah jumps in with her eyes closed swinging away.



 Not a great picture, but a reminder of how much Micah loves her little sister. She gives her kisses all day and always asks,"Where Ray Ray?" For my non affectionate child that is saying a lot. I look forward to watching their relationship develop!
 Came down stairs one day to see my kitchen table like this. I will miss one day!
 Nobody can make her smile like her Mason can.
 That would be Micah in Mason's tshirt:-)

 Mason got a little out of hand with the paint...

 Took me forever to get this out of her hair...
 The snake offers endless entertainment...
 Went to get Reagan and this is what I found. Still not sure how Micah got in there.
I got ambitious one day after bible study and took all three kids to the movies at 12:20 by myself. They did great! I think the lady in front of us thought I was crazy from the look she gave me as we walked in.
This was too funny. My non napper Micah went to wake up Mason. Well, he was so tired he would not wake up. She was jumping on the bed, reading a story, and trying everything to wake him up.





 I was feeding Reagan and thought Micah was eating an apple. Yeah right! I heard her singing, "Clean up, clean up, everybody do their share."





 Swimming with Whitten..


 We are so far from potty training but Micah likes to sit on her potty when someone else is going to the bathroom. If you ask her if she wants to go, she says "NO!"
 This happened! Mason beat Craig in Wii bowling. 4 strikes for a four year old is really good.
 Reagan watching mommy cook...

Last night we made cloud dough ( a mixture of flour and baby oil) and then some fluff stuff which was a mixture of shaving cream and corn starch. We enjoyed our fun mess!



 Our cloud dough battle ground...
 Sweet Reagan loves to be outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment