Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Big girl bed...

Our sweet Micah doesn't love change. So while GiGi and PaPa had Mason and Micah for a couple of days (which blessed me beyond words) I decided to switch Micah out of her crib. Sometimes I have really great ideas and this one turned out, but while I was doing it I often wondered, "What are you doing?" You know I saw this great idea on pinterest only to duplicate it. I LOVED how it turned out but it was a lot of work. I could have never pulled it off with Mason and Micah at home.

This is how it started..
 I painted everything and the night before Micah went home I went to work assembling it. It was only going to take a couple hours right? Well probably if I wouldn't have decided to change the directions a little bit to make it fit what I had in  my mind. Oh was I wrong! And I am thankful for the patience of my sweet husband when it was midnight and we still weren't close to being done.

 This is the finish product...
 We told her we had a special surprise for her...
 And she loved it!


 There is something magical about falling asleep in your secret hideout...

She tells everyone she has a big girl bed and a secret hideout!  My little girl is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment