Thursday, September 29, 2011

No Mickey Mouse...

Mason very much loves his routine. He takes a bath and watches a Mickey Mouse episode before bed. Unfortunately, we are currently in the hitting, kicking, and pushing stage of a 2 1/2 year old. New territory for us all. Last week we were at Chickfla eating right next to the play area. He got out of his chair, ran over to the slide, and just pushed this little girl.  I was in shock. He had never done anything like that. I asked him why he would do that, he said, " She was mean to me in Ms.Robbie's class."  That was the class he was in during our MOPS meeting... 2 days before!! This little boy doesn't forget a thing and obviously is all about revenge.

Mason has learned that his consequence is no Mickey Mouse before bed if he hits, kicks, or pushes his friends. On Tuesday, Mason's teacher said he was a little aggressive and they had problems with all of the above. I explained that I was disappointed and he couldn't watch a Mickey Mouse. Of coarse, our boy asked to watch another cartoon Max and Ruby. I explained that he could not watch anything  on TV. He cried for about 30 minutes. I know it won't be the end of this stage, but hope it helps him learn that he can't do that do his friends. Hoping today was a better day!

I took these the other night while he was watching his Mickey Mouse. He wanted to make sure Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto watched too.






No comments:

Post a Comment