Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dreaming...

I have had this fabulous idea planned in my head for months. Micah in a "tub" with bubbles, splashing around, happy as can be. Mason, my assistant, (first mistake) blowing bubbles and Micah trying to catch them. I was really dreaming because that is not how it unfolded at all.

We will start with what ended up being my favorite picture of the session and I can tell you how we got there. 

This is how it really played out. I put Micah in and she just cries. She is really allergic to pollen so her eyes already look puffy so the crying didn't help much. Poor baby... I know!
Micah finally calmed down and I told Mason to start blowing bubbles. He decided he didn't want to do that and just threw them on the ground. I am yelling at Mason to get next to me and blow bubbles.. and yes Micah starts crying. Not my finest parenting moment, and praying the neighbors aren't watching all of this unfold.

Micah settles down and I finally get her to smile and have fun when Mason decides he wants to get in the picture. I will spare you from the Mickey Mouse underwear in my face picture, but you get the point. I did get a few good ones in the midst of him continually running into my pictures.








 I am so thankful I captured this look... I get this expression from Mason all the time!
So I felt like Micah was done, so I grabbed a towel to get Micah out and turned around to see a little boy who stripped all of his clothes off to get in. I didn't think he would fit, and I was more concerned about getting Micah dressed. I went in and got her ready, to come out and find the best pictures were yet to be taken. He was just dying to get in, so I think one of these would be perfect for his high school senior yearbook page ( that is if they still have them by the time he gets there:-) Enjoy our one- of- a- kind boy!



Now he is all about blowing bubbles.

 PS- Our neighbor said she saw Mason having fun in the tub. Even though it didn't turn out exactly the way I planned, I was reminded expectations with a 1 and 3 year old need to be realistic... so we did have fun because Mason did:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment