Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 Days Old....

Today Mason is 10 days old. It is amazing how quickly time flies by. Mason and I are trying to figure out life by ourselves all day, but I am so blessed that he is such a good baby. People always ask if he cries, and the answer is only when we are changing his diaper and he wants to eat.

Mason loves to be all swaddled up, and if he can, tries to get a hand out so he can sleep with it by his face. He loves to eat, and snorts when he is really hungry. When he finishes eating he looks like he is drunk on milk. He makes the funniest faces, and my favorite is a huge smile when he is sleeping. ( I can't wait until he can do that on purpose!) He is getting used to not being held all day, eventhough he would much rather be sitting in someone's arms. He won't really burp, but he will blow up his diaper and it usually right after we change him. He will sleep through that as well. He is our precious gift from God!

Daddy can't get enough of his sweet little boy!


Mason in his bouncer for the first time. Yesterday, I had him in this and tried to get a cup of coffee. I looked around the corner to make sure he was OK, and he had spit up all over himself and was just sitting in it. Milk was even coming out of his nose, and he was just sitting there.

Mason sound asleep after eating.

Yesterday we had a package at the door, and it was a hand-made quilt for Mason to lay on the floor. Perfect timing as yesterday was my first day by myself, and he can't be held all day!
Craig's Aunt Cheryl who came by to meet Mason on Saturday.

Craig's cousin, Nikki.

Mason in his swing for the first time. He didn't really like it, as you can tell from the expression on his face.
Danee and Sarah who came by yesterday to help me out for a couple of hours. It was such a blessing, and I can't thank them enough. I was even able to run some errands and go to the grocery store. Thank you so much!


2 comments:

  1. It took Morgan a while to start liking her swing, too. It looks very comfy, though, so I'm sure he'll start to love it soon. :)

    What a wonderful treat your friends gave you! It's nice to get out on your own for a little while.

    We want to come see you guys soon! MH will be in town next weekend, so maybe we can bring over some food then if you're needing a meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he's so beautiful!

    I'm so glad everything is going so well with y'all and you have such a little blessing. Isn't it the greatest thing!?!

    Brody didn't like his swing at first either and now he loves it, just took a few times.

    I love that the boys are so close in age, I wonder sometimes if the things he does is normal and then I read your blog and see that Mason is doing the same things...like snorting when he's really hungry, they act like they've never ate before :) And Brody never burps either! But we've had the spit ups before so now I'm afraid to leave him by himself for too long, even to run into the bathroom to brush my teeth! And I feel you on blowing up the diapers, especially at 3 am when you just changed him! Little stinkers

    Enjoy every minute! They grow so fast, I think Brody is already close to 9 lbs, we will find out Monday at the doc.

    We need to get together soon!
    Love,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete