Thursday, April 4, 2013

Birth Story...

After being told we could have our baby any day for almost four weeks, we were induced on March 20th. We had to be at the hospital at 5:15, so needless to say we had little sleep that night. We were excited to meet our sweet blessing, and I was quite uncomfortable. We checked in and started the pitocin. I got my epidural and hardly felt it. I even took a little nap, and thought this is so much easier this time. I guess that is what happens for your 3rd right... you deserve an easy delivery.  I know better than that!
 
At about 11:30 I started feeling a lot of pressure every minute. I called the nurse in, and she called the anesthesiologist.  With Micah my epidural partially wore off, so she was prepared. She gave me some extra something and said by 11:50 I wouldn't feel a thing. Well we didn't make it to 11:50 and no pain. I knew our baby was coming and coming fast. They paged my doctor while I was in lots of pain. I was yelling and squirming like you see in the movies. He walked in and said "Why isn't her epidural working?" And then said don't push as he was trying to get ready. After what seemed like an eternity, but after two pushes we heard, "IT'S A GIRL!!" I had pictured the moment differently...one where I was not in so much pain. I said, "Why does it still hurt?"...Doctor V said, " Because you just had a 9 lb baby!" Yes that was part of it, but unfortunately the pain was not over with delivery and I will leave it at that. I personally don't know why a person would choose not a have an epidural!
 
Waiting to meet our sweet blessing! 
 Reagan Blair Bellamy, born at 11:59am, 8lbs 14oz, 21 inches long.

 Daddy holding his beautiful daughter for the 1st time...

 Doctor Villanueva - He is such an awesome doctor!

 Holding my sweet baby girl for the 1st time...



 Mason said, "Does that hat say Reagan?"
 Yes it does! He was so excited to meet his sister!



 Love this one...
 Precious Micah will still smile for her mommy...







No comments:

Post a Comment