Monday, June 8, 2015

Febrile Seizure....

On a Friday, April 17th I asked the kids what they wanted to do that day. They voted bounce house so bounce house it was. When we got there Reagan sat in my lap and didn't want to jump. She seemed a little warm to me but nothing alarming. We were watching the other kids play and then all of a sudden her eyes locked up in an upward stare. I tried everything to get her attention and started screaming her name. I realized she was having a seizure and put her on her side. By then I had other parents there helping me. Three other people held her on her side. My phone was close so I grabbed it and called Craig and told him to get there immediately but we were 30 minutes away. I remembered that Mason's teacher lived close and I called her. She was so kind and was there within 10 minutes.

The seizure stopped in about 30 minutes, but the scary part was she was just out of it. She wouldn't make eye contact, or a noise, and was just trying to put her hands in her mouth. Someone called 911 and the EMS finally got there. I knew we would be transported by ambulance so I was so thankful Kelly got there to watch Mason and Micah as I left with Reagan on the ambulance before Craig even got there.

Reagan just laid on me not making a sound all the way to the hospital. The EMS guys kept saying this was normal and that they see it all the time. The highest her fever measured was 101.9 which is not very high but a fever seizure is caused by how quickly a fever rises. She finally started crying when we walked into the hospital, and then kept asking "Rae Rae go home!" once we got in a room. That made me feel so much better.

 At the hospital they checked her for every type of infection and everything checked out normal so they said it was a virus and sent us home. She now has a 33% chance of having another one, but even if she did they grow out of them at 5 or 6. It was a scary day for a mommy but so thankful our sweet girl is ok. She was dribbling her basketball later that night:-)

 Feel asleep waiting for results...

 Everyone glad sister was is ok!
 Giving Ms. Kathryn a kiss...
 Watching cartoons with Mason the next morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment