Sunday, October 28, 2012

Giving...

As Mason gets older, I am learning that there are things your kids do that can make you extremely proud and bring you to tears. This is one of them. This happened before Mason got three strikes and we had to go home, but needless to say, I was one happy mommy!
 
Craig and I think it is never to early to teach Mason about managing money.  Before we left for the pumpkin patch, I gave Mason $10 to buy pumpkins. He put the money in his pocket, excited to use "his" money to buy 4 pumpkins...one for daddy, mommy, Mason and Micah! I assumed he would buy the biggest one he could get, but he said he wanted one for each of us.
 
After we played for a while, he decided it was time to buy his pumpkins. He went over and picked up 4 small pumpkins. He went up to pay for them, and the lady said it was $3.25.  I explained he still had $6.75 and he could get a much bigger pumpkin. He picked out the perfect $6.00 pumpkin. The lady gave him 75 cents back and told him that he could still buy another little one.
 
This is where the story gets good. His eyes lit up and looked at me and said, " I am going to buy one for Brody." He ran over, picked out his little 75 cent pumpkin, and paid for it. He ran up to Brody and said, "Here Brody, I bought you this pumpkin." All on his own! Brody was so excited and gave Mason a hug. I just love this picture...one that will be in his room to remind him of the first time he truly gave from his heart. I pray he will always be a sweet boy that loves to give!




No comments:

Post a Comment