Sunday, March 10, 2013

You Only Turn 4 Once...

The doctor has told me that we could have the baby any day for two weeks. I was so worried that I would miss Mason's birthday and their party. Selfish I know...but I LOVE birthdays and wanted Mason to feel loved and valued before such a big change in his life and he only turns 4 once! He remembers all of the traditions we started last year and told me the other day..." Mom I know you are ready to have this baby, but you need to wait until after my birthday. I don't want to miss my cupcake, streamers, decorated table, and birthday dinner." He had a countdown from 14 days before March 7th!
Mason woke us up at 6:00 saying, "It's my birthday! I am going back to bed so you can bring me my cupcake." In our house, you get a cupcake in bed with a candle on your birthday:-)






 Birthday morning present...a BB gun! He can't wait to go hunting with his daddy!
This girl loves the tablet. Truly amazing how she turns it on and just plays games, and she doesn't like to share!
 "Micah give me a kiss and tell me Happy Birthday!"~ Mason
 One of Mason's new jobs is to hold Micah's hand and take her into church or school. She gets out of the car, and says "hand". Always melts my heart!
 Ms. Linda surprised him with a birthday treat before school.  A donut with icing and sprinkles!

 Micah got some donut holes, and wouldn't share... pretty sure she ate the bag-)
 Mason has said when he turns 4 he gets to go hunting with his dad. We have planned for him to go with his daddy on his birthday for a long time, but couldn't tell him because of baby. We wanted to give him gifts of memories. So when I picked him up from school, I gave him his other presents. Camo shirt, pants, and boots...just as he finished opening them, daddy drove up to take him hunting! So thankful Craig was able to take the afternoon off and make it so special for Mason!

 Ready to go hunting! Mason had the best time. He said he went up in the deer stand, called a fox, and shot it with his BB gun. ( They didn't see anything, he said he was just pretending)
Mason's birthday dinner request...pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage!

 We started a confetti egg tradition after birthday dinner. Yes it makes a mess, but there is a mess anyway. Pure joy for a 4 year old!... and two year old. Micah had fun cracking eggs on daddy!
 


Mason even thought baby needed to have an egg cracked on him/her. Not sure I can get much bigger!


 What a mess... so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment